Have you heard? Pantone’s 2013 color of the year is Emerald.
“Lively. Radiant. Lush… A color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony.”
Of course as a decorator, my mind first thinks about how to use that color in the home. The more I started looking at green the color, and the meaning of green and what feelings it brings about, the more I am positive that we all need a little Emerald in our life right now. After all, green is the color of balance and harmony. It is the color of growth. Green reminds me of springtime, of nature and renewal.
After a long winter in the midwest, the color green restores depleted energy and is an emotionally positive color. Maybe the color Emerald, whether it’s through accessories in our homes or accessories in our wardrobes, has that magical subconscious power to help us restore ourselves back to a sense of well being. Although my blog isn’t the place to talk about our nations’ challenges and it will take a whole lot more than the color green, I’ve decided to embrace the color Emerald in small ways where I can so it will remind me of “well-being, balance and harmony” on a daily basis.
Some simple ways to incorporate this lively, lush color inexpensively and for a punch of color around the house:
- Simply add some bamboo to your kitchen counter!
- Add a few emerald color pillows to your bed or couch.
- If your bathroom needs painting, consider painting it green. Or maybe do just an accent wall.
- Bring in a small wooden accent table and paint it green and white for beside a bed or chair.
- Easier I think to bring some green to your outdoor area this spring/summer. Change up your outdoor furniture cushions with a fun pattern including emerald.
- Add a green throw over your couch to keep you warm on a cold winter day.
- Wear a green pashmina/scarf this winter.
- Buy some green jewels and put them in a hurricane vase with an earthtone candle.
- Fill your candy bowls with green candy.
- Buy a green coffee mug!